Dr. Vidya V Devan
- 10 years
Date Of Joining @ BSOLS
- 2 Years Court practice in various courts at Calicut under Adv. Asokan. M., Calicut.
- 4 years practice as an independent lawyer in High Court of Kerala.
- Worked as Guest Lecturer from July 2012 to March 2013 in Govt. Law College
- F.I.P: substitute (From 2013 June to November 29, 2014) in Govt. Law College,
- Working as Assistant Professor in Bharata Mata School of Legal
Studies since 1 st December 2014.
- Published in International Journal of Socio-Legal Research with ISSN no. ISSN-2393-
8250 a paper Titled “Changing Judicial Trends A Perceptions Towards Rape Victim in
- "Special Concern for Disabled Persons Under the Income Tax Act in India.” in
International Journal of Advanced Research [August (31) issue, Vol. 4 (2016)]. ISSN:
2320-5407 Impact Factor 7.337.
- “Goods and Service Tax – How to Orchestrate Government as Well as Assesses in Post
Covid Epoch for Economic Resurgence” “UdgamVigyati” – The Origin of Knowledge
“ISSN 2455-2488” Volume 20, (2020), JUNE, Journal of Indore Institute of Law, New
Delhi."Female Genital Mutilation- Prying the Human Rights of the Girl Child" published in Volume I Issue VI of "LEXFORTI LEGAL JOURNAL (ISSN: 2582-2942)" August 8th, 2020 Impact Factor 7.538.
- “Denying the GST compensation to the States – Flouting the Cooperative Federalism” inInternational Journal of Law Management & Humanities [ISSN 2581-5369] Volume 3,Issue 5 (2020). Impact Factor 6.350
- “Poaching – Challenges and Solutions in Preserving The Wildlife with Special Reference to India”, in Asian Journal of Organic & Medicinal Chemistry (Special Issue) 2456-8937 April -June 2022, volume 7 No.2, UGC -Care listed Journal with Impact Factor 5.784.
- Human Rights Defenders: A Quintessential component in Fortifying Human Rights. -Seminar Proceedings International Interdisciplinary Seminar on “Realization of HumanRights in A Globalized World” organized by the Department of Law, Central Universityof Kerala, Thiruvalla Campus on 4 th ,5 th and 6 th January 2018. ISBN -978-93-5267-019-2
- “Adopting villages for the Legal Advancement of India”- seminar proceedings of” International Interdisciplinary seminar on Access to Justice: Trends and Issues organized by Department of Law University of Kerala on 9 th January 2016 with ISBN-978-93-5254-564-3.
Paper Presented & Participated
- “Changing Judicial Trends and Perceptions towards Women Victims” in LEGIS
ACTIO2013 National Seminar on “Law relating to women and children; use and misuse”
held at Govt. Law College, Kozhikode on 16 th March 2013.
- “Predatory Pricing and Its Effects on Consumers”, -National Seminar on The Protection
of Consumer Welfare in India: The Role of Competition Law and Consumer Law” held
at School of Legal Studies, CUSAT on 27 th February 2015.
- “Labour Rights and Labour Standards for Migrant Labour”- National Seminar on Crimes
by And Against the Migrants-Rethinking the Paradigms of Protection Organized by
Centre for Criminal Laws, Govt Law College Ernakulam on 15 th March 2015.
- “Forensic Analysis of E-Mail Spoofing”- National Seminar on Forensic Science – A
Deeper Insight, Held at, Govt Law College Ernakulam on 19 th March 2015.
- “Special Concern for Disabled Persons Under Income Tax Act”-National Seminar on
Disability Management- Moving Beyond the Social Needs Organized by Centre for
Criminal Laws, Govt Law College Ernakulam on 22 nd March 2015
- “Cyber stalking – A crime against the society”-UGC sponsored National seminar on
Cyber Crimes: Issues and Challenges organized by the Department of Business
Administration, MES College Marampally on 15 th October 2015.
- “Adopting villages for the Legal Advancement of India” International Interdisciplinary
seminar on Access to Justice: Trends and Issues organized by Department of Law
University of Kerala on 9 th January 2016.
- “Geriatrics-A Tear-Jerking Reality” National Seminar on Parents Patriae: Dimensions of
Juvenile and Senior Citizens Organized by Centre for Criminal Laws, Govt Law College
Ernakulam on 26 th February 2016.
- An Edifice in The Sea- Impact on The Marine Environment. National Seminar on Indian
law on Maritime Jurisdiction. Govt Law College Ernakulam on 20 th January 2017.
- Children without Families – The Most Vulnerable in The World. International Seminar
on Human rights of Marginalized Populations. Govt Law College Ernakulam from
December 19 to 21, 2017.
- Human Rights Defenders: A Quintessential component in Fortifying Human Rights.in
International Interdisciplinary Seminar on “Realization of Human Rights in A Globalized
World” organized by the Department of Law, Central University of Kerala, Thiruvalla
Campus on 4 th ,5 th and 6 th January 2018.
- “Endeavors of local self-government in dissemination of edification regarding the
significance of sustainable development” in Three Day National Seminar on
Transforming the World Towards Sustainable Tomorrow: Concerns and Challenges”held at School of Indian Legal Thought, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam from 15 th
to 17 th February 2018.
- ‘Goods and Service Tax – How to Orchestrate Government as Well as Assesses in Post
Covid Epoch for Economic Resurgence’ in 2nd International Conference on The
Opportunities and Threats Post Covid 19: A Multidisciplinary Approach on 19th and 20th
June, 2020 Indore Institute of Law, New Delhi.
- ‘Potentiality of Alternate Dispute Resolution in the field of Goods and Service Tax’ in the
‘Celer Ludici 2021’ International Webinar on “Expeditious Resolution of Disputes:
Emerging Trends in Law & Practice” held at Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies on 9 th
- ‘Raising Turbulence in The Affectionate Relationship Opted with The Hope of Dignified
and Life with Inventiveness’ in International Conference on Women and Abusive
Relationships: Challenges on Path to Sustainable Development Goals 2030 organized by
Vishwakarma University, Pune on 7 th – 8 th March, 2022.
- ‘Poaching – Challenges and Solutions in Preserving the wildlife with special reference to
India’ in International Symposium on “Deliberations on Rethinking the Environment:
Sustainability in the Modern Era” organized by DME Law School, Noida on 25th -26th
Workshops, Seminars & Conferences
- Two Day National Workshop on Social and Legal Research: Concepts, Methods, Skills.
Conducted by the Govt. Law College Ernakulam. March 2013.
- Workshop for law teachers in Kerala on teaching and research in IPR organized by inner
university Centre for IPR studies held at Cochin University of science and technology
during 5 th and 6 th of May 2014.
- Two Day National Workshop for training of trainers on challenges in law teaching,
research, and administration in government law colleges in Kerala at Govt. Law College
Ernakulam. On 10 th and 11 th of January 2014.
- Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi –restructuring the syllabus on 2 nd January 2015.
- National seminar on “Ragging: Legal & Human Rights Dimensions” orgainsed by
National Human Rights Commission In collaboration with the national University of
Advance Legal Studies, Kochi on 25 th -27 th March 2015.
- One day Interactive session on “GST and its Implications” organized by FICCI in
association with Union Ministry of Finance, Government of India on 29 th April 2016 at
- Three-day International Workshop on Restorative Justice in the Criminal Justice System-
Theory, Models and Application organized by The Centre For Law, Governance And
Policy Studies At His Highness Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam.10 th to12th of January
- Five days online programme on ‘Legal Research Methodology’ from 6 th July 2020 to 4 th
July 2020 organized by Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
- National Virtual Workshop On “Alternate Dispute Resolution in Legal Education and
Practical Learning” Organized by ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun
on 8 th and 9 th December, 2020.
- Participated in the one-day National Level Workshop on “Gst Evasion And Its Investigation –
A Practical Overview” organized by the Department of Taxation Law, The Tamil Nādu Dr.
Ambedkar Law University, held on 17th June 2021.
Faculty Development Program
- Participated in the FDP organized by Bharata Mata School of legal studies at Rajagiri
Centre for business studies, Kakkanad on 17. 4. 2018.
- Participated in the five days Faculty Development Programme on “Skill Intensification of
teachers through Technological Integration” organized by School of Legal Studies,
Cochin University of Science and Technology from 4 th -8 th of November, 2019.
- Participated in ‘Seven Days Online National Faculty Development Program’ On
'Structured Experiential Learning on Various Practical Legal Arenas' Organized by
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun from June, 6 – June, 12, 2020.
- Seven Day Virtual Faculty Development Programme on “Contemporary issues in Law”
organized by the School of Legal Studies, CUSAT from 17 th to 24 th June 2020.
- Seven Days Faculty Development Programme on “Advance Research Methodology”
during 6 th July 2021 to 10 th July 2021 organized by Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law,
Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut.
- One Week Online FDP on “Research Methodology” Organized by Faculty of Law, Dr.
K.N. Modi University from 7 th -14 th February 2022.
- One Week Online Faculty Development Programme on ‘Legal Research Methodology:
Interdisciplinary Approaches’ under the UGC-STRIDE, Mahatma Gandhi University,
Kottayam, Kerala in association with School of Indian Legal Thought & Department of
Lifelong Learning and Extension, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala from
25th April to 1st May, 2022 and participant obtained grade A.