Ms. Keerthi V S
- 1 year
Date Of Joining @ BSOLS
- UGC-JRF Research Scholar at Cochin University of Science and Technology from 21/08/2017 till 30/06/2022.
- Enrolled As An Advocate (ENROLMENT NUMBER : K/935/2014) with The Bar Council Of Kerala Since 16th November 2014. Active and Full- Time Bar Experience at the Punalur Bar Association under Adv M. Sethumohan During 15/06/2016- 20/08/2017. 3. Teaching Experience (2017 – 2019) At the School of Legal Studies, CUSAT. (in the capacity of being a full time Research Scholar)
Paper Presented & Participated
- “Feminism and Crime”, International Seminar on Eliminating Structural Barricades in Achieving Gender Justice”, Department of Law, Calicut University, December 2019.
- “Justifying Gender Violence with Cultural Relativism in India”, International Interdisciplinary Seminar on Realisation of Human rights in a Globalised World, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala, January, 2018.
- “The many questions on responsibility in criminal law”, International seminar on Criminology and Forensic Science, Calicut University, December, 2017.
- “Medical Negligence cases and the privileged defendants”, National seminar on Law and Medicine, Department of law, Kerala University, December 2016.
- “The right to Health Care- What? Why? How?”, National Seminar on Right to Health- Varying Dimensions”, Department of Law, Kerala University, December 2016.
- “Right-based approach to development- The fittest choice for world nations”, National Seminar on Countering Climate Change- Need for Legal and Policy Reforms, Central University of Kerala, March 2016.
- “Mergers, Acquisitions and the Indian interest in Consumer Welfare”, National seminar on the protection of consumer welfare in India: The Role of Competition Law and Consumer Law, Cochin University of Science and Technology, February 27, 2015.
- “Jurisdiction of Arrest of ships under International Law”, National Workshop on Arrest of ships in India: Legal Constraints and Challenges. Cochin University of Science and Technology, February 20, 2015.
Workshops, Seminars & Conferences
- Seven-Day Faculty Development Programme on Academic Writing organized under UGC- Scheme for Trans-Disciplinary Research on India’s Developing Economy (UGC-STRIDE) Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, 18.10.2021 – 24.10.2021.
- Three-Day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Corporate Frauds: The Regulatory Challenges And Legal Remedies, School Of Legal Studies, C.U.S.A.T. 17.01.2019- 19.01.2019.
- Fifteen – Day Interdisciplinary Refresher course and Training Program on Indian Legal Policy Framework on Biodiversity, Human Environment and Sustainable Development organized by School of Legal Studies, C.U.S.A.T. in association with and aid of National Biodiversity Authority, Chennai. 16.05.2018 – 30.0.2018.
- Two -Day National Level Symposium on ‘Land Acquisition: Socio-Legal Issues and its Implications, organized by the School of Legal Studies and School of Environmental Studies, CUSAT in association with Law Curate,30.09.2018- 01.10.2018.
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Emerging Regulatory Trends in Maritime Jurisdiction in India; Issues & Challenges, School of Lega Studies, C.U.S.A.T. 29.08.2017.
- Professional Development Workshop on Intellectual Property Law and Public Interest Advocacy organized by the IBA-CLE Chair, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, M. K. Nambiar Academy for Continuing Legal Education, Kochi in association with Inter University Center for Intellectual Property Rights Studies, C.U.S.A.T., 18.11.2016- 20.11.2016.
- Workshop on Protection of Traditional Knowledge Associated with Genetic Resources: International and National Initiatives, Inter University Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Studies & MHRD Chair on IPR, 25.01.2016.
- Three- Day International workshop on Restorative Justice in Criminal Justice System- Theory, Models and Application, Centre for Law Governance and Policy Studies, His Highness Maharaja’s government Law College, Ernakulam, 10.01.2016-12.01.2016.
- Two- Day Workshop on Empirical Legal Research, School of Legal Studies, C.U.S.A.T, 26.02.2016-27.02.2016.
- National Workshop on Inroads into Freedom of Speech and Expression: A Study on Regulatory Regime of Free-Speech, School of Legal Studies, C.U.S.A.T., 29.01.2015- 31.01.2015.
- Keerthy V S, ” When the Doctor becomes the Defendant: Tests and
Troubles”, Vol. 39 Cochin University Law Review, 198-205
- Keerthy V S, ” The Uncertain Turf called Criminal Negligence”,
Vol.42 Cochin University Law Review, 243-269
ARTICLES IN BOOKS
- Keerthy V S, “Justifying Gender Violence with Cultural Relativism in
India: A Critique”, Prof. (Dr.) K C Sunny et.al . ed. International
Interdisciplinary Seminar Proceedings , Department of Law, Central
University of Kerala (2018) ISBN: 978-93-5267-019-2, pp.196-198.
- Keerthy V S, “The Right to Privacy and testing its Limits”, Dr. Vani
Kesari A et.al. ed., Countours of Privacy:Realities and Reflections,
Directorate of Public Relations and Publications, CUSAT (2019),
ISBN : 978-81-941516-0-9, pp.43-46.
- Participated in the All Kerala Trial Advocacy and Moot CourtCompetition, 2013, Government Law College, Thrissur.
• Won the Justice T. Ramachandran Memorial Ever-Rolling Trophy.
• Won the Best Trial Lawyer Award.
• Won the Best Memorial Award.
• Won the Second-best Student Lawyer Award.
• Won the best Team Award.
- Participated in Checkmate-2011, All India Moot Court Competition,
Army Institute of Law, Mohali.