Ms. Akshara Sadan
- 4 years
Date Of Joining @ BSOLS
- Currently working as an Assistant Professor at Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva since December 14th, 2021.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in Law at Co-operative School of Law, Thodupuzha affiliated to MG University, From June 2019 to December 2021.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in Law at V R Krishnan Ezhuthachan Law College, Palakkad affiliated to Calicut University, from June 2018 to March 2019.
- Practiced at High Court of Kerala and District Court, Ernakulam for six months.
Publication And Paper Presentations
- Published an article titled ‘Public Policy in Contract Law’ in International Journal of Law, Management and Humanities, Volume 4, Issue 5 (2021), Pages: 1416 – 1224.
- Published an article titled ‘Adoption among homosexual couples: How far it is recognized in India?’ in International Journal of Legal developments and Allied Issues, Volume 8, Issue 1 (2022), ISSN – 2454 1273.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Adoption among homosexual couples: How far it is recognized in India?’ in the international seminar on Human Rights and Gender Justice organized by the Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Center for Advanced Legal Studies and Research on 04th December 2021.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Relevance of Uniform Civil Code in India, what it is and what it matters? in paper presentation conference 2022 organised by Legal Stair, Delhi on 4th January 2022.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Issues associated with transgenders in India: What all are the legal measures can be adopted to tackle it? in the International Conference on Transgender Identity and Rights in South Asia organized by Delhi Metropolitan Education, New Delhi on 11th March, 2022.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Rights and challenges of homeless women and children with reference to Indian perspective’ in the national seminar on Affordable shelters for women and children in Delhi organized by Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi held on 23rd July, 2022.
Workshops, Seminars & Conferences
- Participated as student lawyer in All Kerala Trial Advocacy and Moot Court Competition 2013, conducted by Government Law College, Thrissur.
- Participated as researcher in the 9th All India Moot Court Competition 2014, organised by Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Participated in the National Workshop on Forensic Science and Scientific Investigation 2017, conducted by School of Indian Legal Thought, Kottayam.
- Participated in the training the trainers programme in law held at Government Law College Kozhikode on 16th February 2019 in the subject International Law.
- Participated in the training the trainers programme in law held at Government Law College Kozhikode on 17th February 2019 in the subject Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Participated in the Faculty Orientation Programme on ‘Blended Learning and Open-Source Learning Management System’ in collaboration with Rajagiri College of Social Sciences held at Co-operative School of Law, Thodupuzha, June 2020.
- Participated in the National Webinar on “Health, Medicine and Innovation: Evidence from Intellectual Property Rights”, held on 29th June 2020, organized by The Crescent School of Law, Chennai.
- Participated in the Webinar on Socio-Legal Significance of Government Law Colleges in Kerala: Challenges and Opportunities” organized by Centre for Constitutional Literacy in association with Law & Justice Research Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram held on 1st November 2020.
- Participated in the panel discussion on “Implementation of Probation of offenders Act, 1958 – Challenges and Opportunities” organized by the District Probation Office and District Legal Services Authority, Pathanamthitta in association with Law & Justice Research Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram held on 22nd November 2020.
- Participated in the Webinar on “Online Legal Research Made Easy” organized by Manupatra on 6th August 2020.
- Participated in the workshop on “Research studies in Law” organized by Manuneethi Free Legal Awareness Organization in joint collaboration with Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University & Commonwealth Legal Education Association from 30th May 2021 to 3rd June 2021.
- Participated in one day Faculty Development Programme organized by BSOLS UNNATHI on “Human values, Ethics & Morals – Art of Living” conducted on 14th January 2022.
- Participated in ‘Research week – Enrichment sessions on research methods’ organized by BSOLS Research Promotion Cell in collaboration with IQAC, Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva from 7th February 2022 to 12th February 2022.
- Participated in the international workshop on “Understanding the legalities of data protection and their impact on business” organized by the Department of Business Law, Department of Cyberspace Law & Justice and IQAC, School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai on 14th May, 2022.
- Participated in the Two-Day ADR International Conclave, jointly organized by Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva and Bharata Mata ADR International on 22nd and 23rd May, 2022 at Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva.
- Successfully completed the Certification Course in Arbitration Theory and Practice, conducted by Bharata Mata ADR International in association with Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva on 24th May, 2022.
- Participated in “Awareness Programme on Insolvency Profession with special reference to Graduate Insolvency Programme (GIP)” conducted by Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India in association with Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI on 7th June 2022 at Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva.
- Participated in one day faculty development programme on “Art of effective teaching and skills to handle students” organized by BSOLS UNNATHI in association with BSOLS IQAC on 10th August 2022.